Table of Contents
- Information we collect and receive
- How we use information
- Data retention
- How we share and disclose information
- Age limitations
- Data Protection Officer
- Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
- Your rights
- Data Protection Authority
- Contacting Baseline
Information we collect and receive
Baseline may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer (“Authorised Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Baseline when using the Services. When you create an account or otherwise use the Services, we collect information such as your name, email address, password, role within your Workspace and an optional profile photo.
- Other Information. Baseline also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Workspace and account information. To create or update a Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g. your employer) supply Baseline with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Baseline (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address. We use third-party payment providers to process payments on the Services. We may receive information associated with your payment information, such as billing address and transaction information, but we do not directly store payment information on the Services.
- Usage information.
- Services metadata. When an Authorised User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorised Users work. For example, Baseline logs the Workspaces, channels, people, features, content and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared and what Third-Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Baseline collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Baseline may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Cookie information. Baseline uses a variety of cookies and similar technologies in our Websites and Services to help us collect Other Information.
- Third-Party Services. A Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third-Party Services for its Workspace. Typically, Third-Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and a Customer can permit its Authorised Users to enable and disable these integrations for its Workspace. Baseline may also develop and offer Baseline applications that connect the Services with a Third-Party Service. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Baseline. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Workspace, we may receive the user name and email address of Authorised Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Baseline to facilitate the integration. Authorised Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third-Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Baseline. When a Third-Party Service is enabled, Baseline is authorised to connect and access Other Information made available to Baseline in accordance with our agreement with the Third-Party Provider and any permission(s) granted by the Customer (including by its Authorised User(s)). We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third-Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorised User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
- Third-party data. Baseline may receive data about organisations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to postcodes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional information provided to Baseline. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enrol in a certification programme or other educational programme hosted by Baseline or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Baseline.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How we use information
Customer Data will be used by Baseline in accordance with the Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and the Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Baseline is a Processor of Customer Data and the Customer is the Controller. The Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Baseline uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Baseline uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyse and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorised User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Baseline tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorised Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorised User, make Services or Third-Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organisational trends and insights, customise a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications.We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Baseline. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Baseline please get in touch through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters.Baseline may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
- Serve Administrative purposes. Such as, but not limited to pursuing legitimate interests, such as marketing research, research and development. Along with measuring interest and engagement in our Services, including analysis to develop new products and services and improve the Services for you the Customer.
Baseline takes security of data very seriously. Baseline works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Baseline cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Baseline does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “Controller” and “Processor” of information. In general, the Customer is the Controller of Customer Data. Baseline is the Processor of Customer Data and the Controller of Other Information.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact the Customer who controls your workspace for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that Baseline’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (or applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data in the United Kingdom), Baseline relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Baseline may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Baseline’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
N. A. K.
5-28-12-102 Daizawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 155-0032